In light of the growing concerns surrounding the current Corona virus (COVID-19), The Concelo family would like to ensure proactive measures in keeping you and our staff safe during this uncertain time.
Given that our work requires close proximity and human contact, it’s important that we take action to minimise any risks for all involved. As a medical practice, we already pride ourselves on strict hygiene behaviour, however we will be implementing a few more containment controls in keeping you safe.
Here are 7 new containment protocols for the benefit of all:
- All Concelo staff will wear additional safety gear in consulting rooms. So, please don’t feel alarmed when you see us working in white overcoats and not in our usual friendly uniforms. This is an extra layer of protection to the benefit of all.
- Our waiting areas will be closed for client safety. This, unfortunately, means we cannot offer you ‘coffee and relax time’ as is our usual style. We have to ask that waiting areas be in your vehicles for now.
- We need to limit and minimise the entries through our doors. Preferably ONLY the person who is booked for the appointment should enter inside.
- Consultation feedback and information from your orthodontist will now be telephonic and not face to face for now. This means that Dr Zieg will personally contact parents and guardians of underaged patients to discuss any specific treatment detail. Our lines and emails are open to any questions or concerns.
- All patients arriving for a consultation or treatment will be asked to wash hands and wear gloves during their stay.
- Appointments may change with notice. The reason for this will be to limit the number of patients in a contained area. We will do this to minimise any risk to our clients and staff.
- We ask that patients reschedule appointments if they feel unwell, display any flu-like symptoms, have been in contact with anyone who has flu or have recently travelled from high infection/ risk areas.
We would like to inform you that both our practices in Randburg and Stellenbosch will remain open for as long as possible to serve you in the best way. Remember that orthodontic treatment is a process. You can be assured that the wires continue working even if we have to skip an appointment or two. However, if you are experiencing any pain or discomfort, it’s best to prioritise a visit to us.
Our promise to you, our clients, is that we are committed and determined to help contain the spread of this virus in our daily operations. We look forward to serving your smile as we always do.
Please stay in touch and contact us if you’re unsure about anything.
Randburg. Call: 011 886 2430
Stellenbosch. Call: 021 880 1447